According to GDPR, I’m informing you about how this website processes your personal data.
TL;DR: It doesn’t, unless you choose to leave a comment, or register a user profile.
- If you leave a comment, your IP address is stored for the purposes of my legitimate interests. (GDPR 6, 1, 1, f)
- If you want your comments removed, or anonymised, please contact me.
- No ads, no analytics, no referral links, no tracking, and no sending personal data off to third-party services around here.
- I may or may not embed tweets (Twitter), videos (YouTube), slide decks (Speaker Deck by GitHub), code snippets (Gists by GitHub), as well as profile images from Gravatar (by Automattic) on some pages; those third-party services process data according to their own privacy terms.
- You have the right to ask me what personal data I have stored of yours as well as to receive a copy of that data (GDPR 15).
- You have the “right to be forgotten”, i.e. have your personal data removed (GDPR 17).
- You have the right to ask to have the processing of your personal data restricted (GDPR 18).
- You have the right to withdraw any previously given consent for the processing of your personal data at any time (GDPR 7).
- You have the right to object to any processing of your personal data at any time (GDPR 21).
This website will set one ore more cookies on your computer in the event of the following:
- If you choose to post a comment and explicitly opt-in to have your comment form data (name and email, optionally your website address) stored in your browser, so it will be filled-in already when you return;
- if you register a user profile on this website and sign in with your username and password;
- if, while being signed in, you choose to post a comment, a temporary cookie is used to let you edit your comment after posting it, for several minutes.
If you just visit this website, navigate through pages and posts, and consume content, it will not set any cookies on your computer.
If you choose to register as a user on this site, there’s probably a whole bunch of things I’m required to mention here and still have to figure out, however, the gist of it is this:
- You can always delete your account and all data related to it yourself from your profile page. Currently, your comments will stay intact; just contact me if you want them erased.
- Registering a user account results in three mandatory types of your personal data stored in my database:
- a username (chosen by you);
- a password (chosen by you);
- your email address.
- All other personal data on your profile (your name, nickname, display name, website URL, and GitHub profile URL) are optional.
- You can (and should) protect your profile with two-factor authentication.
I do want to emphasise that user registration on my blog currently is an experiment and neither required to read, nor to comment on my posts.
Embedded third-party content
On some pages you’ll find embedded third-party content, like a YouTube video, a tweet, a code snippet, or a slide deck. If you’re signed in at a third-party service while you’re visiting a page on this website that has content from that service embedded, the service may or may not process personal data of yours, according to their privacy terms. Even in those cases, there’s no personal data processed or stored by this website.
Controller (GDPR 4)
Email: glueck at glueckpress dot com
Updated on: Apr 05, 2023